Monday, April 19, 2010

I know! I know!

It has been about 9 months since I blogged last. I haven't forgot, I just have had alot on going on. As many of you know we have moved back to Huntsville, Al in December. It is so good to be back with family and familar faces. With that said, I am missing our life in Tulsa. I miss the Sundays with The Bursons and spending time with Zoe and Christian. Zoe, Christian, if you are reading this please know Aunt Mic loves you very much! I also miss our neighborhood friends and my job. I didn't realize I would miss it and the people so much. But I do...so much!


We have had alot of fun making up for lost time with family. We get together every weekend for dinner. Recently all the boys and men went camping. They called it the Florence "T" party. They slept in a TeePee, had Tilipia and Tator Tots, Tubing on the Tenneessee River, Twinkies and Iced Tea. The girls did what we did best...had a party..shopping party that is. Tons of girls laughing, shopping and eating of course. Lots of great food! We are so blessed to have spend lots of time with our niece Olivia. She is so observant and smart and so cute! I love to see her play with my kids. I remember having tons of cousins around and all the fun we had. I miss those days but atleast my kids have that.

I have learned alot about our family since moving to Alabama. 1. I am horrible at the phone thing. I am horrible at returning phone calls and picking up the phone to check on my peeps. I am trying to get better so please bare with me. 2. David is a leader. He is emerging as a strong leader. 3. Kailyn is VERY creative and full of life. 4. Austin is so insightful and we are seeing that take shape. I am amazed by them. 5. We are more healthy. Bobby and I competed in a weightloss competition hosted by our Gym and came in 2nd place. The competition helped us realize the junk we were putting in our bodies. It is amazing how much better we feel. The energy!! 6. We are outdoor people. We love camping, hiking, fishing, etc. 7. This is the most important. We are conquerors in Christ! We are warriors! We are Victors not victims. We are Champions!

We have found a wonderful church home! The Rock Family Worship Center. We love it and the kids look forward to going. They are involved in Royal Rangers. It is a combination of Awana and Boy Scouts. They go on camping trips and have fitness goals and earn patches. The biggest thing is theya re learning scripture and how God is moving in their lives. I love asking about what they learned in class. Right now they are learning more about how the Holy Spirit moves and how to recognize Him speaking. I am still learning. Kailyn is writing a book on all the questions we has for God. I will not elaborate on this because she asked me not to for now. She wants to finish the book, sell it and give the money to missions. That in itself should tell you about where her heart is. Bobby and I can't wait to get involoved! We will be going through some classes at The Rock and then we will be able to serve.

Now that I have caught you up on where we are and what we are doing, I will be changing the direction of the blog and I will blog more often. I hope you enjoy following along with our journey. Be blessed!

No comments: