Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy BIrthday To Me!!!

Bobby surprised me with a trip to San Diego and L.A. for my birthday.  He planned a great trip and had the best time!  Bobby also surprised me with a convertible and wow!  The view from a convertible is so much sweeter.  Our first night (Thursday) we were in search of real Mexican food and not Tex-Mex.  Well Bobby looked through a travel magazine provided by the hotel and thought he found the best Seal Beach had.  When we got to the restaurant it was Mexican...we were the only ones there and it was attached to an Econo Lodge.  We died laughing.  All this hype and it was at the Econo Lodge.  Friday we loaded up and headed to San Diego.  I loved it there.  We walked along the beach cliff  in La Jolla and saw people canoeing, snorkeling, and seals lining the beach.  It was so cool!   La Jolla is Beautiful!  If I ever visit California again it will be to San Diego.  We also went to Sea World.  It was Bobby's first time and I haven't been since 6th grade.  We felt like two kids again.  We ate with Shamo and watched the trainers feed them, tell us how they trained them.  It was really neat.  The show after the lunch was incredible!  Saturday, we toured L.A, Beverly Hills and went to Universal.  That night we had a beautiful and Romantic Dinner outside over looking the bay.  The food was fantastic, the view was breath taking, and Bobby...well Bobby stole my heart!  I didn't care for L.A but I did enjoy the cafe we ate at.  We actually ran into friends from Oklahoma...that was wild!  Bobby kept getting looks from guys...that was hilarious!  When we were at the Kodak Theater we saw a music video being made and were asked to participate but who needs all the paparazzi following?  The video was like Michael Jackson's Thriller so cool to watch but not my thing.  Anyway, We had a great time hanging out and had a great time at Universal as well.  I came home Sunday and hated to leave him.  He will be home Thursday so I am looking forward to it.  Oh I thinks my kids second best home away from us is the Burson's.  Billy had them convinced that a donkey turned into a horse.  HAHAHA  It is a long story but it is HILARIOUS!  I hope you have a great week!  I am signing out so I can celebrate my birthday...I am taking a nap...is that old or just being smart?

No comments: