Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish my daddy, Bobby, and my father-in-law Steve a Happy Father's Day! I want to take a moment to tell you how special each of these men are in my life. Each of them play such an important role in my life.

My daddy obviously has been there from the very beginning. He taught me to ride my bike, throw a baseball, and treat people with the up most respect. My daddy is a man of strong character. He taught me the love of Christ through the example he set. His hands are rough and callused because of hard work but his blue eyes warm your heart. When my heart was broken daddy was always there to help mend it. When I needed someone to listen and give me advice he always has an answer. Daddy made me laugh. He protected my heart from the world. Although I am grown, I am still his little girl and always will be. I love you daddy!

By watching my daddy, I knew what I wanted in a husband and father for my children. God gave me Bobby. Bobby is strong, caring, protective, loving, gracious and kind. He is a wonderful daddy to our 3 beautiful children and a husband I have always asked God for. He is opposite from me and brings balance to our family. Bobby works hard to provide but works even harder to make sure our emotional needs are met. Just a side note -meeting my needs are not easy...lol! The kids adore him and thinks he hung the moon...much like I still do about my daddy. Bobby seeks God's heart and what more could I ask for? I can't! Which brings me to his dad. Bobby would not be the dad he is today without the example of his dad, Steve.

Steve has always treated, loved, and given to me as if I was his own. Steve is incredibly generous with everything he has. He has such a tender heart and I love him. Thank you Steve for Bobby because without you I would not have him. You have raised a son that is perfect for me and our children.

These men are not perfect but they rely on Christ in their weakness and look to Him for guidance. If you do not have a father in your life remember we have a heavenly father who loves us as we are. He died for our sins to give us eternal life. He longs to have a relationship with you. I love you and Happy Father's Day!

No comments: