Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy

I found song yesterday by Natasha Bedingfield called "Happy."  It talks about the landlord knocking on the door asking for the rent and that life is not great.  The song goes on to say... what am I whining about?  I've got my dreams, life and my love, got my friends and the sunshine above.  All these beautiful reasons to be happy.  I am sure I butchered it so go check it out.  I bring this up to say that no matter what our circumstances might be we have many beautiful reasons to be happy.  We have family, friends, homes, a job and the list goes on.  Count your every blessing!

O.K enough of the cheesy.   The stories I am about to tell are not for those who will be easily offended.  And yes, I have permission from those humiliated to tell them.  As you know, daddy had an accident involving a pole truck and his foot.  I know what you must be thinking...this sounds like the start to a really bad joke.  Believe me I wish it was but it is not.  He has been in and out of the hospital for about 2 weeks.   Wednesday, June 25th, the surgeon amputated daddy's big toe and the ball of his foot still does not look good.  They put a wound vac there and will check the ball of his foot again on Monday, June 30th, to see how everything is healing.  Please continue to pray for rejuvenation.  Through all of this we have found humor.  For instance, my brother was going to get daddy the individual toe socks for Christmas but that seems mean now.  Or if he goes for a pedicure, he should get at least a 1o% discount.  Not fair to pay full price for only 9 toes.  Now for a story I could not make up myself.  I think it was last Saturday, my brother, Michael, was mowing for my parents and my mom was cleaning a riding toy for Brennan, my nephew.  Well, there was a chair in the middle of the deck to remind everyone the board was weak (FYI...it has been there since daddy's accident so nothing new).  Mom moved it because it was in her way as she cleaned the toy...she fell through.  I am serious. After I picked my jaw up off the floor and laughed so hard I nearly peed I asked if she was okay.  Let me put your mind at ease so you enjoy this.  She is okay.  Michael took her to the E.R and I am sure the doctors were thinking her and daddy were trying to kill each other or trying to collect each other's life insurance.  Anyway, she came home with crutches.  Now you can start laughing because both mom and daddy have matching crutches.  I can imagine them playing Paper, Rock, Scissors to see who try to make coffee.  They not only have matching crutches but t.v trays that hold the remote, phone, drinks and snacks till someone comes to check on them.   Pitiful isn't it?  I told her I was going to buy them matching medical bracelets.  The phrase "help I've fallen and I get get up"  now means so much more.  

Our summer vacation has been crazy busy.  Most of it has been on the road.  The kids spent 10 days with Bobby's parents while Bobby and I had some much needed time together.  We went to Dogwood Canyon and it was beautiful.  On our way back home to Tulsa we stopped in Southaven and brought Kailyn's friend home with us.  Last Friday, we had a double date with Billy and Anna Burson and had a great time.  We ate at a great local restaurant and then saw Phantom of the Opera.  The play was AWESOME!  It was so nice to have adult conversation and get dressed up.  Oh!  We now have a babysitter.  Having her will make our lives easier.  One last tid-bit and I will leave you alone.  The Walker's are having pictures taken tomorrow morning.  Did I mention we have to be across town by 7:45 AM.  I think I have lost my mind completely.  I hope to have them posted in a couple of weeks.  I love you guys and gals!  Make a great week and be HAPPY!

1 comment:

Phillips said...

ok sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to find enough time to figure it out again to describe it. You go to customize after you've logged in then you go to page elements. You can click on the side of the page to add an element. It will give you a whole list of different things you can add. One of those is blogs or links to things on the internet. Click on that and then you can put in the url's for all of the blogs you like such as www.5walkers.blogspot.com for yours, www.thephillipshome.blogspot.com for mine!!! Then click add link and then save and your done!!! Hope y'all are doing good!! Have a good 4th!